Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket bad spelling/grammar could be considered as part of lifelong learning
so please let me know when this has occurred, but be gentle I'm only learning

Who would of thought it????

The big 50, I've created 50+ posts, discovered amazing things and learned about many things, you could say I have LEARNT, INQUIRED, SEEKED, THRIVED, now for the next 50.

26 October 2007

Not happy but still fun-a widget I made - countdown to the Librarians' TV show



Technology can try ones' patience but determination is a wonderful thing.
While I was looking through the award winners of Web 2.0 I came across Springwidget.
This site allows you to make your own widget and because I like to try things, I decided to have a go.
Jumping on the bandwagon about the TV show called The Librarians I decided to make a widget countdown to the premiere of the show.
I am sure there will be a lot of comment some good some bad about this series.
Making the widget was easy, it took me awhile to work out the best way to place it on my blog while I was deciding on this the site went down and I thought I had lost all my work but I did not give up, I waited and tried again and have successfully finished off my widget.
For someone who is not very tech savvy I was quite pleased with myself.
BUT the website is either unstable or my firewall keeps interferring with the script, and it may happen to anyone looking at my blog ( if I turned off my firewall the widget worked but you should not have to comprise your security to make things work) so I decided not to post the widget, even using a page element the widget plays up. So I used Widgetbox to make the countdown to the Librarians
Learning is to challenge oneself continually

No comments: