Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket bad spelling/grammar could be considered as part of lifelong learning
so please let me know when this has occurred, but be gentle I'm only learning

Who would of thought it????

The big 50, I've created 50+ posts, discovered amazing things and learned about many things, you could say I have LEARNT, INQUIRED, SEEKED, THRIVED, now for the next 50.

09 September 2007

Week 1 - Learning 2.0 and 23 things – pointers from lifelong learners

As I was listening to the podcast I began to realize that I have been learning for the last 50 odd years, and without realizing it I have been doing the 7 ½ habits all along. This may be a strange thing to say but when we learn something new we don’t really think about it being part of lifelong learning but just something we have learnt, I think it all comes down to the way we think about learning, it’s not just knowing it’s what you do with it.

The first was through structured learning i.e. school, the next was through the working environment, you learn to interact with all types of people, work through grown up issues, taking responsibility for your actions.

The next for me and probably for most is moving into the partnership phase again new learning skills are taken on, i.e. give and take, patience, motherhood, learning to be a diplomat. Sometimes, not always, one can become too complacent with life and not think beyond what one has.

My learning took on a new direction, which was coping with independence again, perhaps not so much as independence but coping with everything solo.

It was time to move into a new learning experience, learning to re-enter the world, as in the workforce world. After years of not working it can make you feel slightly ignorant, things change, terminology changed, the way to get back into the work force changed when I got my first job all I had to do was sit for a test pass and I got the job.

For me my greatest learning was discovering computers, my goal became learn, learn, learn and never stop.

This goal has taken me into a job, given me confidence to try anything, not be afraid of new technology but seek it out, not give up, share my new knowledge with others who have yet to learn, use learning to my advantage and most of all have fun with what I learn.

1 comment:

The Learning 2.0 Program said...

Wow! Well done on taking up this challenge and realising that yes, we learn all the time, and yet we often underestimate our knowledge and skill base. Hopefully you will continue to build on that knowledge and enjoy doing this program! I found your post quite inspirational. Thank you.